Breast cancer is the second most common cancer diagnosed in women (although it can also occur in men).
What are the symptoms of breast cancer?
- A lump/thickening in your breast
- Bloody discharge from the nipple
- A change in breast size, shape or appearance
- Changes to the skin over the breast
- A newly inverted nipple
- Peeling, scaling or flaking of the skin surrounding the nipple or breast skin
- Redness of the skin over your breast
How can I prevent breast cancer?
While you cannot prevent it, if you find a lump or change in your breast, it is vital you visit your doctor as prompt evaluation is needed!
Ovarian cancer is a cancer that begins in the ovaries, and can often go undetected until it spreads to the pelvis and abdomen. At this point, it becomes very difficult to treat the cancer, and it may become fatal. Ovarian cancer detected in its early stages is much more likely to be treated successfully.
What are the symptoms of ovarian cancer?
- Abdominal bloating/swelling
- Quickly feeling full when eating
- Weight loss
- Discomfort in the pelvis area
- Changes in bowel habits, such as constipation
- A frequent need to urinate
However, these symptoms usually present themselves at an advanced stage, and even then, are often thought to be symptoms of more common conditions such as constipation or irritable bowel syndrome. As a result, it is very important to visit your doctor and do the screening at an early stage.
Check out our specialist doctor’s profile
Dr. Tahira Sadigova
Specialist in Obstetric Gynaecology
With her gentle manner and expert knowledge on all aspects of Obstetrics and Gynecology, it is little wonder that Dr Tahira is in great demand among the UAE’s female population. Dr Tahira has worked in many countries including Uzbekistan, Russia and Germany before she relocated to the UAE. Dr.Tahira speaks several languages English, Russian, Turkish, Arabic, Uzbekistani, Kazakhstani, Kirgizstan and Turkestan.Read more